About the Association
The Oklahoma State University Alumni Association is a self-governed association incorporated under the laws of the State of Oklahoma and recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501 (c) 3 not-for-profit organization.
The Association was formally organized on June 8, 1897, when the graduates of the Class of 1896, OSU’s first graduating class, returned to the campus and inducted members of the Class of 1897 into the Oklahoma Agricultural and Mechanical College Alumni Association. The Association was first incorporated in 1920 as the Alumni Corporation and again in 1929 as the Former Students Association. Finally, in 1955 it was incorporated with a new constitution and bylaws as the Oklahoma Agricultural and Mechanical College Alumni Association. The name was changed in 1957 to the Oklahoma State University Alumni Association, reflecting the University’s new name.
The Oklahoma State University Alumni Association represents more than 200,000 alumni living throughout the world and alumni chapters across the United States and four international chapters.