Student Alumni Board Applications Available
Applications are now available for OSU students to join the Student Alumni Board for the 2012-13 academic year. SAB is a program of the Alumni Association and bridges past, present and future generations of OSU alumni through interaction and university service while preserving OSU traditions through all of its activities.
SAB members participate in numerous activities throughout the year including:
Applications are available online and must be turned in at the ConocoPhillips OSU Alumni Center receptionist desk by Friday, Feburary 3, at 4:30 p.m.
- Campus Ambassadors: Student Alumni Board Members are responsible for being ambassadors of the university. Members are responsible for assisting with campus tours for prospective high school students as well as giving special alumni tours by arrangement. As an ambassador you are also asked to serve as key speakers at Alumni Association Chapter Honors banquets around the state as well as being the students’ representative voice in the Alumni Association. Members are also responsible for participating in philanthropy events sponsored by SAB along with other duties.
- President’s Partners: Student Alumni Board members that are junior or senior status are eligible to apply for this organization. This program directly aids the President’s office in hosting various events throughout the year such as alumni dinners, helping host the President’s suite during football games, as well as many other unique opportunities.
- Leadership Conference: Each spring, the Student Alumni Board plans and conducts a nationally award-winning leadership conference for 200+ of the top high school sophomores and juniors from across the state of Oklahoma and adjoining states. This event is developed by student leaders for student leaders to help challenge them to “Lead the Ship”.
- Traditions: Student Alumni Board members are encouraged to foster a spirit of pride and tradition for our university among the student body. This is done not only by reinforcing current traditions but also by starting our own programs such as Orange Fridays, marketing BEAT shirts which are given out every home football game and participation in campus events such as the Homecoming Parade and the Ring Ceremony.
- STAT: Student Alumni Board serves as the governing body for Students Today, Alumni Tomorrow. Student Alumni Board designs and executes activities and events each semester for S.T.A.T. members such as Beat Shirts and Sundays on Tuesday.
For more information about SAB, visit orangeconnection.org/sab, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 405.744.7386.